Thursday, September 14, 2017

Bread is Beautiful // Citrus Twist

Bread IS beautiful. I love bread. Especially a nice crusty, but oh so soft on the inside type of bread. I hope that my love of bread came through on this layout, as I was not loving the products so much.



I am using my Citrus Twist kit from September 2017 for this layout. This is the first page I have created from this kit. I decided to go for some of the products I was not loving as much and just scrap!


There are loads of great things in this kit...and a few that really aren't my thing. But that is the beauty of a kit club; it kind of pushes you to use something that you wouldn't normally purchase. Either that, or you stick it way down in the depths of your stash never to see the light of day again.

 
One of the things I did to try to make this kit more "me" was to take the mountains with a motivational saying under it and turn it into a banner strip that hangs from the top of the page. I used a label from the cut-apart sheet and sprinkled some pearls from my stash.


So while this page is definitely my style, it is not the usual products I would have chosen. The goal was to not flip through my album and have a jarring "WHAT IS THIS?" moment when you got to this page. In my mind, I have done it. 


From the kit I used:
  • Patterned Paper - Escape the Ordinary "Search" (Pink Fresh)
  • Cut-Apart Sheet (Citrus Twist Exclusive)
  • Mini Word Stickers (Citrus Twist Exclusive)
  • Ephemera Pack - Escape the Ordinary (Pink Fresh)
  • Thickers - "Swing" (American Crafts) August 2017 Kit
From my stash I used:
  • Gray Cardstock - Hot Buy Paper Pad (Michaels)
  • Patterned Paper - Travel Stories (Carta Bella)
  • Distress Stain - Evergreen Bough (Tim Holtz/Ranger)
  • Enamel Triangles (Freckled Fawn)
  • Pearls, Water drops  (Unknown Stash)


You can check out the process video on my YouTube Channel:

No comments:

Post a Comment